BEC & BRIDGE MBFWA
The opening day of Mercedes Benz Fashion Week started with babes, bikinis of Bec & Bridge as they unveiled their latest collection, ‘The Dusk March’.
The SS15 collection presentation included the brand’s first splash into swimwear, ironically inspired by the Sahara Desert in Morocco… Maybe an oasis perhaps?
The show attracted fashion bloggers, Aussie celebs to a runway splashed with puddles of water. A burly security guard grunted at me not to step in the water as I walked across the catwalk… Right. Anyway, the show really captured that free-spirit, bohemian vibe that’s become intertwined with Aussie fashion – think a more relatable, less-tribal, accessible and modern Sass & Bide feel.
The bikinis are on my must-have list and the burnt oranges are certainly something my wardrobe needs.
In terms of the hair, KMS California Hair Director for Prema, Alan White, worked with Becky Cooper and Bridget Yorston to help embody “the ultimate downtown girl meets global nomad”.
Here’s how you can achieve the ‘undone’ look too.
+ HOW TO GET THE LOOK
1. Apply KMS SILKSHEEN styling crème to towel dried hair from roots through mid-lenghths and focusing especially on ends to lock in moisture.
2. Centre part the hair with a pintail comb for a clean line, then – using a combined nylon and bristle round brush – blow-dry hair to create movement using HAIRPLAY playable texture…while smoothing for a healthy finish. Try not to stretch hair while drying to maintain natural bounce. Producing a luxury finish to the hair is important to the overall look.
3. Once dry, apply SILKSHEEN polishing serum to the hair to create a soft silky texture…paying special attention to the ends to control flyaways and add moisture.
4. Tuck hair loosely behind the ears, then – using a dryer – lightly blow around the forehead to release flyaways around the face.
5. To finish, spritz with HAIRSTAY anti-humidity seal for weightless hold.
+ Not sponsored